The State of Connecticut’s motto is Qui Transtulit Sustinet, meaning “he who transplanted continues to sustain.”
Gilbane began serving the local Connecticut commercial construction market more than 50 years ago. As a result of that growth, an office was opened in Glastonbury in 1984 and since that time we have remained a leader in the delivery of comprehensive pre-construction services, construction services and construction administration. In 2014 Gilbane was named Contractor of the Year by Engineering News Record (ENR) for the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, CT) and the #3 Top Construction Firm in the State of Connecticut in 2013 according to Book of Lists CT.
Leading Companies and Subcontractors Choose Gilbane
Our long-standing relationships with local Connecticut subcontractors and vendors, as well as state and local officials have contributed to our growth throughout the region. The Connecticut Subcontractors Association named the three best construction firms in the state, ranking them on their project delivery and ease in dealing with subcontracts. Gilbane was ranked in the top three after a six-month review of more than 30 general contractors in Connecticut. From major new commercial construction programs – to critical high school construction programs– we have a proven track record delivering this expertise and utilizing lessons-learned across the state.
- Western Connecticut Health Network Danbury Hospital Patient Pavilion
- The New Peter and Carmen Lucia Buck Pavilion has the staff “Happy” check out their video
- Hartford Public Safety Complex
- Recipient of the 2014 Associated General Contractors (AGC) Build Connecticut Award of Merit
- Bank of America
- Waterbury Career Academy
- Connecticut Convention Center
Building More than Buildings: We are committed to being a community partner and give back to our communities through safe project sites, volunteerism in the communities we work and live, and a dedication to the protection of the environment.
- #1 Safety Excellence Award Winner Construction Users Roundtable (2013) and Association of General Contractors (AGC) Safety Excellence Award 2013
- ACE Mentor Program CT
- 2014 CT Construction Industry Association (CCIA) Community Service Award: Maloney Builds Program
- CSU and UCONN Construction Management Scholarship Programs