Building the Next Generation of Airports
Airlines face ever-changing industry demands and operational obstacles that create unique challenges to ensure safety, operational reliability, passenger experience, frontline employee relations, environmental concerns and security. As your construction partner, Gilbane brings significant best practices and lessons learned from experience in performing within challenging operational environments.
Having developed airports for the last 20 years, Rob Walker, Gilbane’s Aviation Center of Excellence Leader, brings a thorough understanding of specific drivers and trends in the aviation market. We leverage this aviation experience and combine it with seasoned front-line construction experts to create a project approach that takes into account:
- Passenger experience from ‘curb to seat’ and how to maintain, or even enhance it during construction
- Operational integrity – We are committed to maintaining a safe, secure site while allowing the airport to remain functional
- Non-airline revenue – Our teams develop logistic plans that maintain access to concessions, parking and other vital components that help generate non-airline revenue
In recognition of the extreme importance to communicate strategies and update clients, Gilbane uses unmatched 3D, 4D and even 5D technologies generated by our in-house Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) group.
Rob brings a unique skill set to aviation projects with a keen understanding of airport and airline operations and how airport development can enhance those operations even through the construction process. Rob’s leadership allowed many projects to achieve success where many in the industry did not think was possible.
Jeff Gerber, AIA LEED AP BD+C, Chief Executive Office, PGAL
- Safety: With an EMR of 0.70, well below the industry standard of 1.0, Gilbane is nationally recognized as a five-time CISE Safety Award Winner by the Construction User RoundTable (CURT).
- Innovative: Gilbane delivers smart, collaborative and innovative facility solutions that help secure stakeholder buy-in on logistics plans and construction methodology.
- Experienced Builder: Gilbane has executed construction services for more than 100 aviation construction projects totaling over $5.5 billion
- Reliable: Gilbane has a culture of predictable project outcomes that meet or exceed our client’s expectations with a 99% client satisfaction rating.
- Culture: At Gilbane we are building more than buildings, we are building in the communities in which we work, live and play.
Featured Projects in the Airports Market
Airport construction is dynamic and complex – zero impact to airport operations is not just important, it is a requirement. We know the critical nature of maintaining the safety of the traveling public, continuity of service/operations and ensuring a high-level of communication with personnel, operations and the public.