Virtual Design & Construction
Virtual design and construction (VDC) helps Gilbane deliver projects in an integrated and Lean approach.
While many construction management firms use BIM, Gilbane’s Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) process is a technology-based solution that takes the next steps to ensure that the model is used in a practical and highly effective manner throughout the lifespan of the project. Through VDC, your building’s model produces tangible and quantifiable results through each step of construction and after the project is complete.
Benefits of Gilbane’s VDC coordination efforts:
- Schedule optimization
- Reduced project costs
- Increased team communication, collaboration and cohesion
- Higher quality facilities based on a common goal and increased collaboration with trades
- Safer jobsite through better understanding of workflow by all
VDC complements traditional construction management services by applying a series of key VDC tasks to a project. Each step in the process can stand alone or can build on the previous one – beginning with the Building Information Model and growing from there, VDC impacts each of the following areas:
- Site logistics/safety planning
- Visual scheduling (4D)
- Quantity survey/estimate integration (5D)
- Virtual trade coordination/clash detection
- Virtual constructability review
- Facilities management and systems integration