Sustainable Construction & LEED Services
We’re committed to incorporating sustainability into the evolution of buildings and communities.
Building Green & Delivering on Our Sustainability Commitment
We understand the impact the life-cycle of a building has on the environment,from material acquisition to transportation, construction, use and eventual disuse.
Our corporate Sustainability Council is a central clearinghouse for providing project support and the most up-to-date information to our employees. The Council is also accountable for:
- Providing resources to help Gilbane excel in sustainable construction, including the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)®-certification process
- Examining our own business practices and making appropriate changes for sustainability
- Actively interfacing with the U.S. Green Building Council® and Green Building Certification Institute
Green Teams assist our offices worldwide with collecting and disseminating the latest technologies, policies and actions relating to LEED, Green Globes and other rating systems.
Integrating Sustainability across Operations
Sustainable strategies include:
- Minimum waste diversion on all construction sites
- Comprehensive employee green education through Gilbane University
- LEED project support through templates, manuals and handbooks