As a leader in the construction industry, we must retain our reputation of honesty and the highest ethical standards with all of our business partners.
Staying on the High Road
Gilbane is committed to providing all employees with a clear and easy to understand ethical framework that is compliant with federal regulations. Gilbane’s success as a leader in the construction industry is directly aligned with our #1 Core Value – Integrity. Our reputation as a builder with the highest degree of integrity and trustworthiness is more valuable than any of our tangible assets – our integrity is why our clients and industry partners continue to choose Gilbane.
How do we support and cultivate an ethical culture?
- Mandatory employee training “Staying on the High Road: Ethics at Gilbane”
- Strong emphasis on employees’ role in maintaining Gilbane’s reputation as an ethical company. Provides a thorough review of the legal requirements of ethical behavior and “beyond” legal requirements that Gilbane requires.
- The Gilbane Ethics Hotline provides our partners and stakeholders a confidential, anonymous way to report violations to the Code of Ethics or to address other concerns about improper behavior. To report an ethic violation 24/7 use the following toll-free numbers:
- English speaking USA and Canada: 844-240-0004
- Spanish speaking USA and Canada: 800-216-1288
- French speaking Canada: 855-725-0002
- Spanish speaking Mexico: 01-800-681-5340
- Chinese speaking China: 400-720-9535
- All other countries: 800-603-2869 (must dial country access code first)
- Gilbane is the second national construction company in the nation to engage the Ethics and Resource Center (ERC) to conduct a benchmark Ethics Survey in support of our continuing effort to assess the effectiveness of our Ethics and Compliance Program.
- As conditions of employment with Gilbane, all employees are required to review and consent annually to Gilbane’s Code of Ethics Policy, acknowledge their personal compliance and attest to having no knowledge of any violations.
- Consistent communications and “Ethics Matters” internal updates are distributed to engage with employees and share ethics-related stories to ensure continued awareness.
- Gilbane is an active member of the Construction Industry Ethics and Compliance Initiative (CIECI). CIECI brings together companies within the construction industry that are committed to the highest level of ethics and conduct and compliance with the law.