Inclusion & Diversity
Gilbane leverages inclusion, collaboration, diversity, and respect to deliver innovative solutions together with our clients and partners.
Through our Gilbane Cares philosophy, we work together to create an inclusive work culture, environment, and business model that leverages the capabilities of our diverse employee population and vendor/trade contractor community and delivers greater value for our employees, clients, and the communities in which we work.
In our family-centered culture we believe that when everyone brings their contributions to the relationship – we build trust and we treat each other with respect. Because we know that when businesses and families in our communities thrive – we all thrive.
Linda Graves, VP, Diversity & Community Affairs
A Diverse Workforce
A diverse workforce stimulates innovation, creativity, problem solving, productivity and effectiveness. That’s why we’ve established and participate in a range of programs designed to encourage diversity, including:
- In-house Diversity Council
- Diversity Week
- Community engagement
Commitment to Supplier Diversity
We encourage Small Business Enterprise (SBE), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) participation on all of our projects – regardless of funding requirements. Local business involvement is maximized without sacrificing quality, time or cost. We make this team effort happen by working closely with each owner to establish local inclusion goals within each their building program. Gilbane recently held a graduation ceremony at its Boston office to honor five members of three local companies who have successfully completed Gilbane’s M/WBE and Veteran Contractor Training Program.
Gilbane is proud to formalize its long-standing commitment to the development and growth of a diverse supplier base through the inclusion of trade contractors, suppliers and professional services firms from a wide variety of backgrounds. We believe that taking proactive steps to build inclusion into our procurement process provides the most opportunity for everyone to participate.
Michael E. McKelvy, President & CEO, Gilbane Building Company
Awards and Recognition
- 2019 Diversity Leader Award from The New York Tri-State Chapter of the National Association of Minority Contractors (NAMC)
- 2018 Diversity in Business Awards- Community Impact Award from Milwaukee Business Journal
- 2017 Majority Construction Firm of the Year, Greater Houston Business Procurement Forum
- 2017 AT&T Global Supplier Diversity Crystal Award
Gilbane is proud to partner with leading organizations that support inclusion and diversity
- ACE Mentor Program
- American Contract Compliance Association
- National Association of Minority Contractors
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Small Business Association
- Women Construction Owners and Executives
- National Forum for Diversity in Construction (NFDC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Hispanic Contractors Association (NHCA)