Village of Oswego Police Station
Gilbane Building Company built a new police station for the Village of Oswego to support their growing community.
New Police station built in fastest growing counties in the nation
Gilbane provided construction management services for the new 70,000 SF police station in the Village of Oswego, located within 50 miles of Chicago. Oswego is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. Due to the rapid growth of the county, the existing police station caused significant design limitations and caused the police to outgrow their facility, resulting in the decision to build a new police station. The new police station also includes parking for 170 vehicles and is slated to achieve LEED Silver certification.
The project scope included:
- A police building area of approximately 70,000 SF
- A police site area of approximately 16 acres with parking for 170 cars
- Patrol garage for 22 police vehicles and a firing range (garage added via value management process)
- Architecturally significant community room for use by citizens and user groups
- Capacity for future police department needs as the community grows
- Accommodation for multi-agency police operations with the building and site design
- Training space for Oswego Police Department and other police agencies
- Sustainability goals through LEED Silver certification
Throughout the project, the Gilbane team was focused on partnering with local firms to ensure local participation. Seven local subcontractors were awarded contracts, with the combined total amount of $7,206,425, representing nearly 30% of the total construction cost.