Shell Technology Center
When completed, these renovation projects were transformed to Class A status
Renovations to 13 buildings at this 33 year old campus
This expansion and renovation is for the Shell Technology Center, previously called the Westhollow Technology Campus. The 33 year old facility has 43 buildings and the project included renovating 13 of the buildings. Renovations included conversion to modern laboratories, conference rooms and cafeteria center, office and administrative space. The projects included extensive MEP upgrades including:
- Utilities – comprised of a new electrical duct bank
- Command Center – to house fiber and recording instruments for observation and monitoring
- A four-story research laboratory, a new multi-purpose building annex to an existing building, a new building replacement and a new shipping and receiving facility are also components of the scope of the project.
- All new switchgears, new roof and air handling units
- Installation of miles of fiber loop (with interduct fiber) for the entire campus
- This included the underground infrastructure of trenches 6 to 10 ft deep with concrete.
When completed, the renovation projects were transformed to Class A status. Additionally, these projects targeted LEED EB Silver certification. For instance, at 30% completion, we were able to achieve 93% recycling of debris and construction materials. Due to the campus size and the fact that much of the campus is occupied, our logistics plan included the coordination of the transport of more than 400 construction workers from a central parking location to their respective buildings for work. As with all our projects, safety is priority and this project had no lost time incidents.