F-15 Fleet Modernization Program Facilities, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia
Gilbane provided Design-Bid-Build construction of a Munitions Storage Area (MSA) in support of the F-15 Fleet Modernization Program. The MSA comprises 12 earth covered magazines, a harpoon missile maintenance facility, bomb line holding facility, inert warehouse, fuse and detonator storage facility, assembly load/pre-load facility, and a domestic water utility and fire protection system pump building.
The following new facilities were constructed:
- Earth Covered Magazines – 269 SF each. (Phase 1: 6 & Phase 2: 6. Total of 12)
- Harpoon Missile Maintenance/Test Facility – 17,674 SF
- Bomb Line Holding Facility – Outdoor Covered Storage – 5,382 SF concrete pad with a 5,307 SF pre-engineered metal building
- Inert Warehouse – 19,655 SF
- Fuse and Detonator Storage Building – 3,843 SF
- Assembly Load/Pre-Load/Build Facility – 9,688 SF concrete staging area with a 3,767 SF pre-engineered metal building
- Domestic Water Utility and Fire Protection Systems Pump Building– 1,916 SF
This project represents a joint effort by the U.S. Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force to provide the necessary facilities to support the F15SA Fleet Modernization Program at Prince Sultan Air Base.