F-15 Fleet Modernization Program Facilities, King Khalid Air Base, Saudi Arabia
Gilbane provided design and construction of new facilities, renovation of existing facilities, demolition, and infrastructure upgrades for this $160 million project. Included in this work is the new King Khalid Training Center, which will provide academic and hands-on training for F-15SA aircraft maintenance within a campus type setting; a new Avionics/Pod Facility; and a variety of renovations to existing facilities in support of the mission. The project utilized a diverse daily workforce of up to 1,200 people speaking 15 different languages while achieving 4.7 million hours of work without a lost time incident.
The following new facilities were constructed:
- Maintenance Training Facility (Bldgs. A, B, C) – 119,479 SF
- Headquarters/Administration Facility – 7,104 SF
- Three Dormitories each housing 300 students – 77,500 SF each
- Dining Facility – 29,600 SF
- Mosque – 5,920 SF; Student Center – 5,705 SF sqm; Sun Shades (4) – 7,201 SF each
- Domestic Water Utility and Fire Protection Systems Building – 797 SF
- Guard Booth and Canopy – 226 SF
- Avionics/Pod Facility – 19,375 SF
This project represents a joint effort by the U.S. Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force to provide the necessary facilities to support modernization of the F15SA aircraft at King Khalid Airbase.