F-15 Fleet Modernization Program Facilities, King Khalid Air Base, Saudi Arabia
Gilbane provided design and construction of new facilities, renovation of existing facilities, demolition, and infrastructure upgrades for this $160 million project. Included in this work was the new King Khalid Training Center, which provides academic and hands-on training for F-15SA aircraft maintenance within a campus type setting; a new Avionics/Pod Facility; and a variety of renovations to existing facilities in support of the mission.
The following new facilities were constructed:
- Maintenance Training Facility (Bldgs. A, B, C) – 11,100 sqm
- Headquarters/Administration Facility – 660 sqm
- Four Dormitories – 7,200 sqm each
- Dining Facility – 2,750 sqm
- Mosque – 550 sqm; Student Center – 530 sqm; Sun Shades (4) – 669 sqm each
- Domestic Water Utility and Fire Protection Systems Building – 74 sqm
- Guard Booth and Canopy – 21 sqm
- Avionics/Pod Facility – 1,800 sqm
This project represents a joint effort by the U.S. Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force to provide the necessary facilities to support modernization of the F15SA aircraft at King Khalid Airbase.