F-15 Fleet Modernization Program Facilities, King Khalid Air Base, Saudi Arabia
Gilbane has completed more than $750M in Middle East projects.
Project requires the design and construction of new facilities, renovation of existing facilities, demolition, and infrastructure upgrades. Included in this work is the new King Khalid Training Center, which will provide academic and hands-on training for F-15SA aircraft maintenance within a campus type setting; a new Avionics/Pod Facility; and a variety of renovations to existing facilities in support of the mission.
The following new facilities will be constructed:
- Maintenance Training Facility (Bldgs. A, B, C) – 11,100 sqm
- Headquarters/Administration Facility – 660 sqm; Four Dormitories – 7,200 sqm each
- Dining Facility – 2,750 sqm
- Mosque – 550 sqm; Student Center – 530 sqm; Sun Shades (4) – 669 sqm each
- Domestic Water Utility and Fire Protection Systems Building – 74 sqm
- Guard Booth and Canopy – 21 sqm
- Avionics/Pod Facility – 1,800 sqm
This project represents a joint effort by the U.S. Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force to provide the necessary facilities to support modernization of the F15SA aircraft at King Khalid Airbase.