Gilbane Building Company Celebrates Building Dedication and Ribbon Cutting in Tiffin

New Seneca County Justice Center completed under budget

Tiffin, OH – May 22, 2018 – Officials from the Seneca County Board of Commissioners, the City of Tiffin and Gilbane Building Company came together to celebrate the official building dedication and ribbon cutting for the new Seneca County Justice Center. The new justice center houses two common plea courts, Tiffin-Fostoria Municipal court and the clerk of courts office. The courthouse was constructed at the location of the former county courthouse, which was built in 1884 and demolished in 2012.

Gilbane served as construction manager at-risk for the $12.7 million project, which included a new 36,000 SF, four-story structural steel facility that fulfills the county’s need for more adequate court facilities and is expected to be a focal point of the community for generations to come. The project team worked alongside the design team, Silling Architects, to ensure the client goals were met. The building has a brick veneer exterior and a mansard roof. A Lady Justice Statue was included on the new clock tower on the west side of the facility, resembling the statue from the original courthouse.

“Gilbane was proud to have another opportunity to work with the City of Tiffin and Seneca County for the construction of this new justice center. The courthouse is a focal point of this community.     – Chad Stevers, Gilbane Building Company Senior Project Executive

About Gilbane Building Company

Gilbane provides a full slate of construction and facilities-related services – from pre-construction planning and integrated consulting capabilities to comprehensive construction management, general contracting, design-build and facility management services – for clients across various markets. Founded in 1873 and still a privately held, family-owned company, Gilbane has 46 office locations worldwide. For more information, visit www.gilbaneco.com. Gilbane has been providing construction management services in Ohio since 1959.