Rail and other mass transit construction is highly public in nature and your construction partner must understand the critical nature of maintaining the safety of the traveling public, continuity of service/operations, and ensuring a high-level of communication with personnel, operations and the public.
- project scope changes over time
- closely work with local communities and transit agencies
- federal funding
- interaction and cooperation of FTA staff and oversight contractors
- satisfying FTA oversight and risk analysis requirements
Gilbane has more than 40 years’ of transit experience safely executing construction services.
What We Offer
- Transit-oriented Development: Gilbane offers integrated Transit Oriented Development (TOD) consulting services to assist clients in evaluating the real estate marketplace and analyzing facilities and infrastructure.
- Gilbane Cares: #1 Safety Excellence Award Winner 2013 from Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) and the Associated General Contractors (AGC) 2013 Safety Excellence Award.
- CSX Transportation Capacity Improvement Program – Eastern U.S. expansion of existing rail lines, switches, signals and bridges on 69 projects nationwide over a 24-month period.
- New Jersey Transit Atlantic City Rail Terminal – Atlantic City, NJ rail terminal and platforms servicing five tracks handling 12 car trains and accommodating 1,900 passengers per hour.