Gilbane’s experience in Japan spans over 10 years. Our teams are building projects for the U.S. Federal Government and have rapid response capabilities for critical infrastructure projects.
Gilbane’s team of construction professionals in Tokyo manages integrated operations for federal government construction, environmental services and fueling facility services for clients including the Air Force Civil Engineering Center (AFCEC), Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), and the Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center (NFESC). Gilbane’s volume of work in multiple locations in Japan over the past ten years has helped us to establish long-term partnerships with local subcontractors, architects and engineers.
The Gilbane team in Japan is proud of their accomplishments and involvement on these representative projects:
- Renovate Hospital Building 4408, 1st and 4th Floors, Yokota Air Base, Japan: Gilbane provided construction services to renovate and repair the first and fourth floors and perform seismic upgrades on the 2nd and 3rd floors in this active hospital. The team performed hazardous material abatement, demolition, structural upgrades, architectural finishes, MEP infrastructure, finish trim, and fire suppression across 15 distinct phases to avoid adverse effects to ongoing patient care.
- Hospital Electrical Modernization, Yokota Air Base, Japan: Gilbane provided design-build services for electrical modernization and repairs at multiple medical centers located at Yokota Air Base. The team’s design for the update and restoration of the 6,600-volt electrical service and emergency power system improved service reliability of service for the healthcare facility, yielded greater efficiencies, and reduced costs.
- Renovation of Dormitory Facility, Misawa Air Base, Japan: Gilbane completed extensive renovations and repairs to the existing Dorm 672 Building at Misawa Air Base to extend the life of the four-story, 62,500-square foot facility. Repairs included removal and replacement of windows, doors, interior walls, HVAC systems/ductwork, and lighting/panelboard wiring, as well as treatment of mold-impacted areas and installation of a code-compliant fire protection system.
- Inspect and Repair Tanks, Misawa Air Base, Japan: Gilbane is performing bulk fuel tank inspections and repair services for five fuel tanks ranging from 210,000 to 4.2 million gallons. The project includes pre-programmed repair items and additional repairs that may be discovered during the inspections.
- Repair Circuit Breakers, East Substation Yokota Air Base, Japan: Gilbane replaced two 66 kV vacuum circuit breakers with sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) circuit breakers. We removed the existing 66kV vacuum circuit breakers, associated control systems, equipment and devices, disconnect switches, current transformers, lightning arresters, raceways with mounting supports, equipment foundations, and metering equipment.
Building More Community Connections
The Gilbane team supports the Tokyo orphanage, Seibi Children’s Home in Tokyo. The orphanage is in dire need of resources to build appropriate housing for the children. They fear the facility in its present condition may not withstand an earthquake. For more information on how you can help, visit Seibi Children’s Home.
Is Gilbane a fit for your career in Tokyo?
Do you have a passion for teamwork? Are you ready to dedicate yourself to excellence and superior project execution? Is integrity one of your most important values? Then Gilbane may be the perfect fit for you as we continue to proudly expand construction operations throughout Japan with pride and integrity. Join the Gilbane Family