Gilbane is a family-owned business – and we strive to treat everyone on and around our job sites like family, especially when it comes to ensuring their safety.
Keeping Gilbane Employees Safe
If it wasn’t for the enforcement of Gilbane’s 100% tie off rule, I just may have lost my life or have been seriously injured. Thank you! It’s people like you who make this world a safer place to work and live!
Scaffold Deck Erector
In 2018, we celebrate the 10th anniversary of Gilbane Cares. Since taking a stand to be Incident and Injury Free (IIF) in 2008, Gilbane’s execution of safety best practices and our safety results have been remarkable. Our steadfast commitment to operational excellence has led to consistently earning notable national safety rankings and reducing incidents to a fraction of the U.S. construction industry average:
- Experience Modification Rate (EMR) for June 2016-June 2017 = 0.61 (industry average = 1.0)
- OSHA Recordable Incident Rate (RIR) = 1.71 for 2017 (industry average = 3.2)
- 96% of projects had ZERO lost time injures in 2017.
- What matters most – 27 lives saved – a result of Gilbane’s stringent fall protect requirements from 2010-2017.
Safety through Awareness and Continuous Education
At Gilbane, safety is a core value. It’s simply the right thing to do to protect all the workers on all projects. We know that OSHA shares our commitment to accident prevention and safe practices.
Thomas F. Gilbane, Jr.
Chairman, Gilbane Building Company
We believe education is the cornerstone of an effective safety program and as such, Gilbane remains one of the safest contractors in the country. Dedication to continual advancement has enabled us to implement some of the most progressive processes, systems, and programs in the business–several of which include:
- Stretch/Flex programs are implemented to reduce soft tissue injuries.
- Supervisors are required to obtain a minimum 30-hour OSHA certification.
- Advanced mobile SafetyNet audit system to conduct jobsite field inspections and record observations.
- Detailed hazard analysis is conducted prior to construction.
Gilbane Cares means the safety and well-being of everyone on our project sites is our highest importance, always. Through our commitment to the elimination of injuries and incidents, fueled by our passion for continuous improvement, we strive for incident and injury-free work environment. Learn more about Gilbane’s best practices on safety implementation.