Small & Diverse Business Commitment
Building partnerships with the small and diverse business community creates win-win opportunities.
Gilbane’s outreach strategies provide educational and business opportunities for small business partners, which not only supports your community, but also stimulates local job growth. We believe that diverse participation leads to better outcomes. We are proud to have received numerous awards for our diversity outreach programs.
Our Commitment to Small and Diverse Business
We take a team-based approach by working closely with our clients to establish local inclusion goals for their building program. Gilbane also engages community business partners to achieve participation goals by offering networking and outreach events. We work extensively with many diverse business enterprises:
- Alaskan Native Corporations (ANC)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Federally Recognized Indian Tribes or Tribally-Owned
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities/Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZONE) Small Business Enterprise
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT)-Owned Business Enterprises
- Locally Certified Business Enterprises
- Minority-Owned or Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- National Industries for the Blind/National Industries for the Severely Handicapped (NISH/NIB)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concerns (SDVOSB)
- Small Business (SB)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- SBA 8(a) Business Development (BD) Program
- Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Women-Owned (WBE) or Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
We believe in helping diverse firms to succeed and grow. Small business outreach should be about much more than pass-through and “one and done” opportunities. Through training and mentor-protégé relationships, Gilbane is committed to helping build the capacity of these firms to achieve long-term success.
We also have a deep history of relationships with many local and national associations to help support small and diverse business participation.