West Virginia University Master Services Agreement
Gilbane serves as an extension of the WVU’s Division of Facilities and Services staff to provide extensive design phase services to ensure cost, schedule and value management within the university’s five-year capital improvement plan.
Gilbane is providing services through an on-call master services agreement for West Virginia University’s capital improvement plan totaling more than $200 million. The scope of work includes preconstruction, design phase, and project management services not limited to estimating, scheduling, value analysis and engineering, Building Information Modeling (BIM), project budget and schedule controls, and Interdisciplinary Document Coordination (IDC) reviews. Major projects Gilbane is supporting include:
- Agricultural Science Building, $88 million
- Advanced Engineering Science Research Facility, $41 million
- Student Health Facility, College of Physical Activity and Sports Science Facility, $38.8 million
- Art Education Center and Museum, $8 million
- National Research Center for Coal and Energy Building, $4 million
- Law School Addition and Renovation, $22 million
- Evansdale Campus Utility Upgrades, $8 million
Helping Clients Maximize the Value of BIM
In addition to the Evansdale expansion program, WVU also utilized Gilbane’s BIM experience and expertise to help develop their BIM standards. Gilbane created a BIM Execution Plan and developed standards for construction phase coordination.