Building the Next Generation of Airports
Airport construction is dynamic and complex – zero impact to airport operations is not just important, it is a requirement. We know the critical nature of maintaining the safety of the traveling public, continuity of service/operations and ensuring a high-level of communication with personnel, operations and the public.
Proven Airport Expertise
- Top 20 Airport Construction: Engineering News Record (ENR) has ranked Gilbane among the Top 20 in Airport Construction in 2012
- First International Terminal: Gilbane constructed the first International Terminal for Orlando Airport in 1980
- Over 30 Aviation Projects: In the past ten years, Gilbane has executed construction services for more than 30 aviation construction projects totaling more than $1.5 billion
- Gilbane Cares: #1 Safety Excellence Award Winner 2013 from Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) and the Associated General Contractors (AGC) 2013 Safety Excellence Award
Up, Up and Away
T.F. Green Airport, Interlink Project – Warwick, RI
- Recipient of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, AAA, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce 2011 America’s Transportation Award for Innovative Management.
- Recipient of the 2011 Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Project Achievement Award.
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, Capital Improvements – San Jose, CA
This is the first project in the City of San Jose’s history to work over one million safe hours without a lost time accident. We are very proud of this milestone.
Director of Public Works, City of San Jose, CA
- This is the third largest airport in California, accommodating 17 million travelers per year.
- After site and foundation work had commenced, the structure underwent a complete redesign. The Gilbane team delivered the project safely and 12 months ahead of schedule.