Courthouses need to be safe, highly-functional and adaptable to the changing needs of the community. You need a partner who can protect your investment of public funds while creating these highly complex environments, incorporating state-of-the-art advanced technologies and maximizing sustainable elements to ensure the longevity of your building.
Security and safety are your utmost concern when it comes to building courthouses, where several layers of security are often required. Gilbane has experience instituting all types of security controls, from programmable logic-controlled systems that allow multiple control centers, to the latest fingerprint and iris scanning biometric readers.
In-Depth Courthouse Experience Nationwide
- General Services Administration, Federal Courthouse—Bakersfield, CA Read more about this award winning building:
- Examiner, “Bakersfield U.S. courthouse combines design excellence, efficiency,” October 2012
- The Kern County Business Journal, “Courthouse features energy-saving features,” October 2012
- The Bakersfield Californian, “Courthouse built to last (and last),” July 2012
- The Daily Beast, “Obama’s Building Boom,” January 2011
- Dekalb County Courthouse—Sycamore, Illinois
- Worcester Trial Court Complex—Worcester, MA
- Franklin County Courthouse—Columbus, OH
- Maricopa County South Court Tower—Phoenix, AZ