Gilbane speaking at Advancing Building Estimation Conference in Houston May 22-24
Join Gilbane at the Advancing Building Estimation Conference in Houston: we have three speakers talking about how to advance Design Phase processes and technology May 22-24 http://advancing-building-estimation.com/
Andrew Burge, David Maser, and Brian Garbecki with Sue Klawans chairing
Read interview here:
Connecticut Minority Construction Council- MCC Partnership Awards Dinner
“Building a Better Connecticut through Diversity” Gilbane’s Mike McKelvy, President & CEO will be speaking at the Annual Awards Dinner about how Gilbane supports working with minority businesses as a role model for other contractors.
Nancy Libardoni speaking on ENR Webinar – Linking Generations to Build Jobsite Skillsets
Through new mentoring between experienced job site workers, and those who are extra tech-savvy, contractors and unions are expanding both technology skills and real-world best-practices for everyone. Our panel of experts will share how these “partnerships” boosted technology use, improved job site and project productivity, and made their firms attractive employers.
During this webinar, attendees will:
- Find out why generations don’t mix and how to bridge the learning gaps on site and in the office
- Learn how one contractor changed its technology DNA
- Hear details on how millennials and boomers linked to bring transparency and speed to one iconic racetrack reconstruction
- Discover how skill sharing can give younger workers a responsibility and career boost
- Understand how firms are using “reverse mentoring” to increase retention—20% in one case!
Linda Graves, Director Community Affairs, speaking at Women in Construction – West Coast Conference 2017
Diversity and Your Bottom Line
Discover what Fortune 500 companies are doing and how the construction industry is adopting similar business and operational practices. Hear about success stories and best practices from construction industry leaders.
Moderator: Sophia Cavalli, Balfour Beatty Construction
Michelle Ballard, Turner Construction
Beverly Norman Cooper, Kaiser Permanente
Linda Graves, Gilbane Building Company
Charissa Rotramel, WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff
For more information, please visit: http://womeninconference.com/
Gilbane exhibiting at A4LE North Carolina Chapter Conference
The conference will explore the potential impacts, innovations and inspirations that may result from transforming spaces to empower each and every individual learner. Whether you call it Project-Based Learning, 21st Century Learning or hands-on learning, one thing is clear – this isn’t the school we all grew up in. Curriculum focuses on the development of creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration. How do our facilities reflect, support and promote today’s learning styles? How does it work for each individual student? How do we transform existing spaces to support this mission?
Schools, educational leaders and designers are dedicated to preparing students for life in collaborative learning environments and cooperative work teams. School design is following suit, with environments that encourage multi-disciplinary education that more closely simulates the workplace, our lives and our future in a rapidly changing world.
For more information, please visit: http://www.a4le.org/websites/regions_and_chapters/index.php?p=1274
Gilbane’s Olivia Rousso speaking at New York Build 2017
New York Build 2017 is the ideal opportunity for your organization to hear about all the latest construction projects in the city, as well as enjoy the opportunity to network with thousands of visitors from contractors, developers, architects, government and other construction industry professionals. You can register for your free ticket here.
Gilbane exhibiting at IASBO Facility Professionals Conference
The Facilities Professionals Conference is specifically geared towards K-12 Education facilities personnel, answering their questions and delivering exceptional professional development.
For more information, please visit: https://netforum.avectra.com/eWeb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=IASBO&WebCode=fac_con
Visit Gilbane’s booth at the Waste Management Symposia
The annual Waste Management (WM) Conference, presented by WM Symposia (WMS), attracts thousands of registrants from around the world and is widely regarded as the premier international conference for the management of radioactive material and related topics. If you are an influencer in the industry, then WM Symposia is where you need to be.
This truly is a unqiue opportunity for the industry. Here are just a few reasons to attend:
- The annual Waste Management Symposium is the world’s largest and most prestigious conference on radioactive waste management & disposal, decommissioning, packaging & transportation, facility siting and site remediation.
- You can network and connect with over 2,000 industry specialists and managers from more than 35 countries.
- You can learn about trends and developments from the most senior industry managers.
- You can be informed of the products and services of the world’s leading companies in the exhibit hall, including a new program for product demonstration.
- You can hear about technology development and project accomplishments at over 600 technical presentations and 62 special panels.
- As the featured country, Japan will be presenting special panels and several technical papers. In addition, a Japan pavilion will feature leading groups and companies supporting the Japanese market.
- The environmental management effort at the US DOE complex will be fully presented. Dr. Monica Regalbuto, the DOE Assistant Secretary for Environmental Management will speak. Many of her senior staff will be making presentations at special sessions. Several topics will focus on the US DOE Hanford site in Richland, WA and the US DOE site in West Valley, NY.
- There are many opportunities to network and interact with your colleagues.
- Several procurement and contracting sessions will feature upcoming business opportunities that you can learn about.
- You can further your professional credentials by attending Sunday training workshops.
Save the Date: Safety Week 2017 is May 1-6
The Construction Industry Safety Initiative (CISI) includes twelve major contractors who come together twice a year for a two day meeting to discuss only one thing – SAFETY. CISI holds a Safety Summit that includes over 30 major contractors in the United States. http://www.gilbaneco.com/build-with-us/overview/safety-gilbane-cares/
Our collective mission for Safety Week 2017 is to partner together in:
- Thanking our workers for supporting safety and recognizing their efforts to be injury free
- Increasing awareness of the importance of being committed to safety, every day
- Inspiring all of us to share best practices and to work together to strengthen our industry’s safety culture
- Celebrating the need to be injury free
- Conducting on-site safety awareness activities to support education
Gilbane is Celebrating National Association of Women In Construction Week March 5-11, 2017
March 5-11 is National Association of Women In Construction Week http://www.nawic.org/nawic/
Follow along at #WomenInConstruction #WIC #SupportEncourageGrow #WICWeek @nawicnational
Also, March 8 is International Women’s Day: http://www.internationalwomensday.com/Theme