Today's mission critical facilities provide for uninterrupted performance 365 days a year, around the clock. Gilbane’s Centers of Excellence (COE) for mission critical facilities, a virtual team of experts, is our conduit to the newest thinking on high density computing and our pulse to the ever-changing technology landscape. Gilbane’s COE brings to each client the experience from similar projects nationwide to provide planning and construction expertise on the latest advancements in cooling technology, redundancy design and sustainable strategies.
Currently ranked one of the Top 10 builders of mission critical facilities in the country by Building Design + Construction (BDC) in 2012, Gilbane understands the construction of the uncompromising mission critical environment and the need for careful consideration of redundancy, single points of failure and a need for concurrent maintenance. Whether it be single-corded legacy equipment or high density blade chassis — a partnership with Gilbane Building Company assures that your Mission Critical facility will reliably and resiliently support technology from yesterday and today — while being nimble and scalable enough to accept the advanced technology platforms of tomorrow. Advancements in BIM and Gilbane’s virtual construction integration incorporating the 4th and 5th dimensions in modeling represent key tools that encourage thorough analysis of modular spaces configured for high density and legacy operations maximizing PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) metrics without sacrificing reliability.
- Full Construction Services
- Design-Build and Development Options
- Data Center Cost Modeling
- LEED® and High Performance/Energy Modeling
- IDC - Interdisciplinary Documentation Coordination Design Reviews
- Pre-Purchasing / National Purchasing Agreements
- Factory Witness Testing
- Managing the Commissioning Process
Consulting and Value Added Services:
- Site Selection - Due Diligence Studies
- Data Center Equipment Space Planning
- Resiliency and Risk Management
- Consolidation Studies
- Post Mortem Analysis
- Transition Planning and Management
- Staffing and Operations Analysis
- Operating Standards and Procedures
- Maintenance Standards and Routines
- E.DOC and e.TOP (Electronic Facility Management applications)
For more information on our mission critical facility capabilities, please visit our Project Portfolio page or contact our Mission Critical COE leader, Kevin O'Brien.